"It's been nearly two months since using the insoles and you'll
be pleased to hear I have had nothing but success. They are extremely
comfortable to wear and I now wear them all the time. The insole is very
easy to transfer from one type of footwear to another. With me being in
the Police I wear black boots for work and it's very easy to just
transfer the insoles to my football boots"
" I've been wearing them in both my work boots and running shoes.
I no longer get the pain in my lower shin and the heel pain is getting
easier. I have tried many insoles but not got the results that I've had
with these in such a short time. I will and have recommended the
salfordinsole to others".
"...[the] insoles were perfect and I'd purchase an extra pair"
"Can't believe that something so simple can make such a huge
difference to relieving the pain I was suffering from. I've managed to
run several times a week recently and not experienced any of the sharp
pains I had previously. I will continue to wear the insoles"
"I am entirely satisfied with the insoles. It is comfortable and
robust. Can be used in different shoes with ease and comfort. The
material makes it easy to clean, dry and change to other footwear"
"....[the] insoles have benefited me and my injury. Soon to attempt some hill walking!
I hope they become available to the public as soon as possible"
"Can I get another pair? It would save me having to swap between
shoes. This has been the first time I have had an improvement in my
injury for months."
"I instantly found them comfortable in my shoes."
When asked "what did you like best?" patients said:
- "They work! Support makes walking comfortable"
- "Good fit to shoes"
- "Put knees in a straighter position. Improved injury!"
- "Cleanliness and smoothness"
- "Was able to undertake more activities with less pain"
- "Being unaware of them, confidence in exercising, hardness"
- "Size of arch and being full length"
- "Neat, easy to transfer, robust, serviceable material"
- "Non-slip surface, practical, easy to walk in, comfy"
- "Fit was great for non custom orthoses"
- "Easy to transfer between shoes, don't absorb sweat"
- "Fit, comfort and support"
- "Comfortable, reduced ankle pain that normally occurs"
- "Snug fit, very comfortable, distinctive."
- "No more pain or discomfort"
- "Good fit in shoes"
- "Keep feet in snug, stable position"
- "Good support at rear heel. Firm arch support"
- "Ease of removing, durability and support"
- "Supportive and comfortable after 5 minutes"
- "Very good fit in shoes - hardly notice they are there"
- "Support and confidence with weights"
- "Structured support underfoot giving confidence"
- "Good fit and comfortable when running"
- "The comfort and support that they give"
- "Felt better support for foot in general.... especially around the arch"
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is the arch shape the way it is?
The most recent kinematics research by foot biomechanics researchers
at the University of Salford has shown that all the joints of the foot
move during walking and running. This includes movement between the
cuneiforms and the navicular, and between the metatarsals and the
cuneiforms and cuboid. It is therefore critical to support all these
joints with an orthosis if you are to control foot motion. This means
that the geometry of the insole and arch contour must closely follow the
three dimensional contours of the plantar surface of the foot.
arch profile and 3D geometry of the salfordinsoleâ„¢ was created by
synthesising an average geometry from a large range of foot casts. These
casts were taken with the foot in the same position as would be used
for a custom made foot orthosis.
What material is the insole made from?
The SureStep-Control™ material is a thermoplastic
elastomer which means it offers the stiffness of traditional
theromoplastic orthoses when used in areas such as the arch of the foot,
but can also be more flexible than theromoplastic orthoses in areas
such as the forefoot. We use high Shore values of 65-85 which is similar
to medium to high density EVA. The specific formulation has the added
advantage of embedded anti-bacterial agents.